Sunday, November 23, 2008

Oh okay, we ARE writing Doctor Who!

We were told to keep this quiet (even though Rich Johnston actually posted about it in LITG in late October) but I've just read this entry over on IDW Publisher and Editor-in-Chief Chris Ryall's Blog which pretty much gives the game away anyway.

WE ARE WRITING DOCTOR WHO! Got that? DOCTOR WHO! And BEN TEMPLESMITH is drawing it! How $%&*ing amazing is that? It's a 22 page one shot entitled The Whispering Gallery which should be in shops in February 2009.



Above are some concept images which Ben posted on his Blog earlier in November, looks like it's going to be good doesn't it?

4 comments:

Edward Kaye said...

Bloody Hell!

Well done guys! I've really been enjoying the Doctor Who comics recently, both the Dave Gibbons reprints and the new one by Pia Guerra and Tony Lee. I haven't actually seen much of new TV series, but it seems to work really well as a comic book.

Also, Ben Templesmith!!! What an artist! Those sketch are some of the most photo realistic stuff I have ever seen from him.

Congratulations on the gig!

Emsie said...

*hugs all round*
That's a super-ass team - Buddies celebration needed even more now! haha ^_^

Reuben said...

I'm showing my age here, but the first comic I ever collected was Dr Who Weekly. Haven't read any of IDW's new Who material, but I will make an effort to track this down.

John Reppion said...

A (very) bleated thanks to everyone for their kind words and support. Mr. Templesmith is about to start work on the book as I type so things are moving fast.

Thanks again.